- •Equally satisfactory objective and subjective long-term outcomes are achieved after laparoscopic uterosacral suspension with or without hysterectomy.
- •Postoperative complication rates were low in both groups.
- •Laparoscopic uterosacral hysteropexy is safe and effective.
Main outcome measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Lifetime risk of stress urinary incontinence or pelvic organ prolapse surgery.Obstet. Gynecol. 2014; 123: 1201-1206
- Reoperation 10 years after surgically managed pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2008; 198: e1-e5
- Surgical decision making for symptomatic pelvic organ prolapse: evidence-based approach.Obstet. Gynecol. Sci. 2019; 62: 307-312
- Surgery for women with apical vaginal prolapse.Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2016; 10CD012376
- Apical prolapse.Int. Urogynecol. J. 2013; 24: 1815-1833
- Concomitant anterior repair, preoperative prolapse severity, and anatomic prolapse outcomes after vaginal apical procedures.Female Pelvic Med. Reconstr. Surg. 2019; 25: 22-28
- Urogynecologic surgical mesh implants.(Available from)https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/implants-and-prosthetics/urogynecologic-surgical-mesh-implantsDate: 2019
- A transvaginal approach to repair of apical and other associated sites of pelvic organ prolapse with uterosacral ligaments.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2000; 183 (discussion 1373–1374): 1365-1373
- Laparoscopic high uterosacral ligament suspension (modified Shull technique): a case series and a step by step description of surgical procedure.Eur. J. Obstet. Gynecol. Reprod. Biol. 2020; 253: 83-89
- High uterosacral vaginal vault suspension with fascial reconstruction for vaginal repair of enterocele and vaginal vault prolapse.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2001; 185 (discussion 1342–1343): 1339-1342
- Outcomes of transvaginal uterosacral ligament suspension: systematic review and metaanalysis.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2010; 202: 124-134
- Comparison of 2 transvaginal surgical approaches and perioperative behavioral therapy for apical vaginal prolapse: the OPTIMAL randomized trial.JAMA. 2014; 311: 1023-1034
- Uterosacral colpopexy at the time of vaginal hysterectomy: comparison of laparoscopic and vaginal approaches.J. Reprod. Med. 2009; 54: 273-280
- Laparoscopic uterosacral ligament uterine suspension compared with vaginal hysterectomy with vaginal vault suspension for uterovaginal prolapse.Int. Urogynecol. J. Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2006; 17: 79-83
- A review of laparoscopic uterine suspension procedures for uterine preservation.Curr. Opin. Obstet. Gynecol. 2005; 17: 541-546
- Anatomical outcome and patient satisfaction after laparoscopic uterosacral ligament hysteropexy for anterior and apical prolapse.Female Pelvic Med. Reconstr. Surg. 2018; 24: 352-355
- Hysteropexy compared to hysterectomy for uterine prolapse surgery: does durability differ?.Int. Urogynecol. J. 2012; 23: 625-631
- Effect of uterine preservation on outcome of laparoscopic uterosacral suspension.J. Minim. Invasive Gynecol. 2013; 20: 172-177
- The standardization of terminology of female pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic floor dysfunction.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 1996; 175: 10-17
- Validation of the Patient Global Impression of Improvement (PGI-I) for urogenital prolapse.Int. Urogynecol. J. 2010; 21: 523-528
- Recurrence of vaginal prolapse after total vaginal hysterectomy with concurrent vaginal uterosacral ligament suspension: comparison between normal-weight and overweight women.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2016; 215: e1-601.e4
- Perioperative complications in abdominal sacrocolpopexy, sacrospinous ligament fixation and prolift procedures.BalkanMed. J. 2014; 31: 158-163
- Laparoscopic duplication of the uterosacral ligaments following hysterectomy for stage III-IV apical pelvic organ prolapse.Updat. Surg. 2020; 72: 199-204
- Vaginal uterosacral ligament suspension: a retrospective cohort of absorbable and permanent suture groups.Female Pelvic Med. Reconstr. Surg. 2018; 24: 207-212
- Laparoscopic vaginal vault suspension using uterosacral ligaments: a review of 133 cases.J. Minim. Invasive Gynecol. 2005; 12: 216-220
- Laparoscopic hysteropexy versus vaginal hysterectomy for the treatment of uterovaginal prolapse: a prospective randomized pilot study.Int. Urogynecol. J. 2015; 26: 1687-1694
- Is hysterectomy necessary for laparoscopic pelvic floor repair? A prospective study.J. Minim. Invasive Gynecol. 2008; 15: 729-734
- Patient preferences for uterine preservation and hysterectomy in women with pelvic organ prolapse.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2013; 209: e1-e6