- •This study developed a new instrument, the Menopausal Spousal Support Questionnaire (MSSQ), for measuring spouses’ support for menopausal women.
- •The MSSQ is psychometrically valid for measuring spousal support for menopausal women.
- •The MSSQ could serve as a screening tool for healthcare providers.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Talking “ Among Us ”: how women from different racial – ethnic groups define and discuss menopause.Heal. Care Women Int. 2008; : 766-781https://doi.org/10.1080/07399330802179247
- Perceived concerns of Azeri menopausal women in Iran.Iran. Red Crescent Med. J. 2014; 16: 1-7https://doi.org/10.5812/ircmj.11771
- Perceptions of menopause and aging in rural villages of Limpopo Province, South Africa.Heal. S.A. Gesondheid. 2014; 19: 1-8https://doi.org/10.4102/hsag.v19i1.771
- Association between menopausal symptoms and relationship distress.Maturitas. 2019; 130: 1-5https://doi.org/10.1016/j.maturitas.2019.09.006
- Husbands’ support of their perimenopausal wives.Women Health. 2003; 38: 97-113
- Men's perceptions and attitudes toward their wives experiencing menopause.J. Women Aging. 2016; 28: 322-333https://doi.org/10.1080/08952841.2015.1017430
- Men's perceptions and attitudes toward the partner with premenstrual syndrome.Am. J. Mens. Health. 2014; 8: 137-147https://doi.org/10.1177/1557988313497050
- The relationship between personality traits, menopausal symptoms and marital adjustment.Health Care Women Int. 2021; : 1-16https://doi.org/10.1080/07399332.2021.1893732
- Investigating the relationship between menopause specific quality of life and perceived social support among postmenopausal women in Iran.Exp. Aging Res. 2020; 46: 359-366https://doi.org/10.1080/0361073X.2020.1776020
- Effects of training the menopausal health on knowledge and performance of husbands with women during transitional period to menopause.Iran. J. Obstet. Gynecol. Infertil. 2018; 9: 27-35https://doi.org/10.22038/ijogi.2015.4016
- Effects of training the menopausal health to the husbands on perceived social support among women during transitional period to menopause.Iran. J. Obstet. Gynecol. Infertil. 2015; 17: 8-16
- Social support in marriage.Am. J. Fam. Ther. 2001; 29: 307-324https://doi.org/10.1080/01926180126500
- The social support behavior code (SSBC).(P.K.K. & D. Baucom)in: Couple Obs. Coding Syst., Mahwah, NJ, Erlbaum2004: 311-318
- Conjugal support: Factor structure for older husbands and wives.J. Gerontol. 1993; 48: 133-142
- In Sickness and in health: patterns of social support and undermining in older married couples.J. Aging Health. 1990; 2: 215-241
- Partner support and marital satisfaction : support amount, adequacy, provision, and solicitation.Pers. Relationships. 2008; 15: 445-463
- Intrapersonal, interpersonal, and contextual risk factors for overprovision of partner support in marriage.J. Fam. Psychol. 2014; 28: 54-64https://doi.org/10.1037/a0035280
- Assessment of marital satisfaction.Encycl. Hum. Relationships. 2009; : 1028-1030
K. Norvell, In good communication and in bad: a study of premarital counseling and communication skills in newlywed couples., (2009).
K.K. Krebs, Comparison of macro and micro observational methods for measuring marital social support, Proquest Diss. Thesis. (2000) 1–75.
- You can't always get what you want, bt can you can what you need? Personality traits and social support in marriage.J. Soc. Clin. Psychol. 2005; 24: 1051-1076
- An Empirical Test of The Optimal Matching Model of Partner Support: accounting for Unique Variance in Satisfaction with Support.Idaho State University, 2002
- Spousal Beavement in Older Women: the Impact of Self-Esteem and Retrospective Reports of Marital Satisfaction and Marital Support and Adjustment.University of Kansas, 1999https://doi.org/10.16953/deusbed.74839
- Stress, social support, and the buffering hypothesis.Psychol. Bul. 1985; 98: 310-357
- Type of social support and specific stress: toward a theory of optimal matching.in: Sarason B. Sarason I. Pierce G. Soc. Support An Interact. Vw. Wiley, England1990: 319-366
- Scale development: Ten main limitations and recommendations to improve future research practices.Psicol. Reflexão e Crítica. 2017; 30: 3https://doi.org/10.1186/s41155-016-0057-1
- Spouses’ perceptions of and attitudes toward female menopause: a mixed-methods systematic review.Climacteric. 2020; 23: 148-157https://doi.org/10.1080/13697137.2019.1703937
- Stress and social support: In search of optimal matching.J. Soc. Clin. Psychol. 1991; 9: 3-15
- Validity and utility of a multidimensional model of received support in intimate relationships.J. Fam. Psychol. 2009; 23: 48-57https://doi.org/10.1037/a0014174
C. Johnson, N. Aaronson, J.M. Blazeby, A. Bottomley, P. Fayers, M. Koller, D. Kuliś, J. Ramage, M. Sprangers, G. Velikova, T. Young, Guidelines for developing questionnaire modules, 2011.
- Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, and Mixed Methods Approaches.4th ed. SAGE Publication, Los Angeles2014https://doi.org/10.1007/s13398-014-0173-7.2
- Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses : The PRISMA statement.Ann. Intern. Med. 2009; 151: 264-269
- Quality criteria were proposed for measurement properties of health status questionnaires.J. Clin. Epidemiol. 2007; 60: 34-42https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclinepi.2006.03.012
- Menopausal women's experiences of husband's support: A negative view.Enferm. Clin. 2020; 30: 190-193https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enfcli.2019.07.075
- Menopause-specific quality of life among emirati women.Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health. 2020; 17https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph17010040
- Menopausal symptoms, physical activity level and quality of life of women living in the Mediterranean region.PLoS One. 2020; 15: 1-16https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0230515
- Inclusion and exclusion criteria in research studies: Definitions and why they matter.J. Bras. Pneumol. 2018; 44: 84https://doi.org/10.1590/s1806-37562018000000088
- Exploratory factor analysis with small sample sizes with small sample sizes.Multivariate Behav. Res. 2009; 44: 147-181https://doi.org/10.1080/00273170902794206
- Recommended sample size for conducting exploratory factor analysis on dichotomous data.J. Mod. Appl. Stat. Methods. 2010; 9
- AMOS covariance-based structural equation modeling (CB-SEM): guidelines on its application as a marketing research tool.Braz. J. Mark. 2014; 13: 44-55https://doi.org/10.5585/remark.v13i2.2718
- A psychometric toolbox for testing validity and reliability.J. Nurs. Scholarsh. 2007; 39: 155-164https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1547-5069.2007.00161.x
- Effects of stem and likert response option reversals on survey internal consistency: If you feel the need, there is a better alternative to using those negatively worded stems.Educ. Psychol. Meas. 2000; 60: 361-370
- Change in Perception of Social Support: The Impact of a Support-Focused Therapeutic Marital Intervention.George Mason University, 2001
- The content validity index : are You sure you know what's being reported? Critique and recommendations.Res. Nu. Rsg. Health. 2006; 29: 489-497https://doi.org/10.1002/nur
- Victims’ perceptions of social support: what is helpful from whom?.J. Pers. Soc. Psychol. 1990; 58: 80-89https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.206
- Do perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms affect the marital relationship?.J. Res. Nurs. 2013; 18: 204-215https://doi.org/10.1177/1744987111410661
- The impact of menopause on sexual function in women and their spouses.Afr. Health Sci. 2020; 20: 1979-1984https://doi.org/10.4314/ahs.v20i4.56
H.K. Dhillon, H.J. Singh, N.A.A. Ghaffar, Sexual function in menopausal women in Kelantan, Malaysia, Maturitas. 52 (2005) 256–263. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.maturitas.2005.03.014.
- Prevalence and associated factors of sexual dysfunction in Malaysian menopausal women.Sains Malaysiana. 2013; 42: 1011-1017
- Development of a questionnaire to measure the key attributes of the community palliative care specialist nurse role.Int. J. Palliat. Nurs. 2015; 21: 87-95https://doi.org/10.12968/ijpn.2015.21.2.87
- The relationship between social support, stressful events, and menopause symptoms.PLoS One. 2021; 16: 1-17https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0245444