- •The atherogenic index of plasma (AIP) is significantly and inversely related to trabecular bone score .
- •AIP values > 0.11 are independently related to a degraded bone microarchitecture as measured by trabecular bone score.
- •The AIP might be a useful tool in the overall assessment of bone metabolism in postmenopausal women.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Common mechanisms and holistic care in atherosclerosis and osteoporosis.Arthritis Res. Ther. 2019; 21: 15https://doi.org/10.1186/s13075-018-1805-7
- Serum lipids and bone metabolism in Spanish men: the Camargo cohort study.Endocr. J. 2010; 57: 51-60https://doi.org/10.1507/endocrj.k09e-228
- The association between metabolic syndrome components and the development of atherosclerosis.J. Hum. Hypertens. 2019; 33: 844-855https://doi.org/10.1038/s41371-019-0273-0
- Atherogenic index of plasma is associated with the severity of Hidradenitis Suppurativa: a case-control study.Lipids Health Dis. 2020; 19: 200https://doi.org/10.1186/s12944-020-01377-6
- Atherogenic index of plasma” (log10 triglyceride/high-density lipoprotein cholesterol) predicts high blood pressure, diabetes, and vascular events.J. Clin. Lipidol. 2010; 4: 89-98https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacl.2010.02.005
- The plasma parameter log (TG/HDL-C) as an atherogenic index: correlation with lipoprotein particle size and esterification rate in apoB-lipoprotein-depleted plasma (FER(HDL)).Clin. Biochem. 2001; 34: 583-588https://doi.org/10.1016/s0009-9120(01)00263-6
- Fractional esterification rate of cholesterol and ratio of triglycerides to HDL-Cholesterol are powerful predictors of positive findings on coronary angiography.Clin Chem. 2003; 49: 1873-1880https://doi.org/10.1373/clinchem.2003.022558
- The atherogenic index of plasma is a strong and independent predictor for coronary artery disease in the Chinese Han population.Medicine (Baltimore). 2017; 96: e8058https://doi.org/10.1097/MD.0000000000008058
- Correlation between bone mineral density and plasma lipids in Taiwan.Endocr. Res. 2003; 29: 317-325https://doi.org/10.1081/erc-120025039
- Trabecular bone score: a noninvasive analytical method based upon the DXA image.J. Bone Miner. Res. 2014; 29: 518-530https://doi.org/10.1002/jbmr.2176
- A Meta-Analysis of Trabecular Bone Score in Fracture Risk Prediction and Its Relationship to FRAX.J. Bone Miner. Res. 2016; 31: 940-948https://doi.org/10.1002/jbmr.2734
- Trabecular bone score improves fracture risk assessment in glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis.Rheumatology (Oxford). 2020; 59: 1574-1580https://doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/kez464
- Trabecular bone score and bone quantitative ultrasound in Spanish postmenopausal women. The Camargo Cohort Study.Maturitas. 2020; 132: 24-29https://doi.org/10.1016/j.maturitas.2019.11.008
- Heel quantitative ultrasound parameters in subjects with the metabolic syndrome: the Camargo Cohort Study.Maturitas. 2011; 69: 162-167https://doi.org/10.1016/j.maturitas.2011.02.017
- Bone turnover markers in Spanish postmenopausal women: the Camargo cohort study.Clin. Chim. Acta. 2009; 409: 70-74https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cca.2009.08.020
- Assessment of Fracture Risk and Its Application to Screening For Postmenopausal Osteoporosis.World Health Organ Tech. Rep. Ser, 1994: 1-129
- Atherogenic index of plasma predicts cerebrovascular accident occurrence in antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis.Lipids Health Dis. 2020; 19: 184https://doi.org/10.1186/s12944-020-01360-1
- Lipidomic architecture shared by subclinical markers of osteoporosis and atherosclerosis: the cardiovascular risk in young finns study.Bone. 2020; 131115160https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bone.2019.115160
- Triglyceride metabolism in bone tissue is associated with osteoblast and osteoclast differentiation: a gene expression study.J. Bone Miner. Metab. 2013; 31: 512-519https://doi.org/10.1007/s00774-013-0445-x
- Lipid profile in various phases of menstrual cycle and its relationship with percentage plasma volume changes.Clin. Chim. Acta. 1998; 273: 201-207https://doi.org/10.1016/s0009-8981(98)00040-0
- Atherogenic index of plasma (AIP): a novel predictive indicator for the coronary artery disease in postmenopausal women.Lipids Health Dis. 2018; 17: 197https://doi.org/10.1186/s12944-018-0828-z
- Oxidized LDL and anti-oxidized LDL antibodies in atherosclerosis - Novel insights and future directions in diagnosis and therapy.Trends Cardiovasc. Med. 2019; 29: 22-26https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tcm.2018.05.010
- Lipid oxidation products have opposite effects on calcifying vascular cell and bone cell differentiation: a possible explanation for the paradox of arterial calcification in osteoporotic patients.Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1997; 17: 680-687https://doi.org/10.1161/01.atv.17.4.680
- Scavenger receptor of class B expressed by osteoblastic cells are implicated in the uptake of cholesteryl ester and estradiol from LDL and HDL3.J. Bone Miner. Res. 2008; 23: 326-337https://doi.org/10.1359/jbmr.071022
- Association between casual serum triglyceride levels and bone resorption activity in japanese middle-aged and elderly women, showa univ.J. Med. Sci. 2016; 28: 349-357https://doi.org/10.15369/sujms.28.349
- Bone Mineral Density as a Predictor of Atherogenic Indexes of Cardiovascular Disease, Especially in Nonobese Adults.Dis. Markers. 2019; 20191045098https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/1045098
- Insulin resistance negatively affects bone quality not quantity: the relationship between bone and adipose tissue.Osteoporos. Int. 2020; 31: 1125-1133https://doi.org/10.1007/s00198-020-05365-5
- Associations between the lipid profile and the lumbar spine bone mineral density and trabecular bone score in elderly Iranian individuals participating in the Bushehr Elderly Health Program: a population-based study.Arch. Osteoporos. 2019; 14: 52https://doi.org/10.1007/s11657-019-0602-5
- The associations of serum lipids with vitamin D status.PLoS ONE. 2016; 21e0165157https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0165157
- Nutrición y gastronomía en la comunidad de Cantabria.Nutr Hosp. 2019; 36: 21-28https://doi.org/10.20960/nh.02688