- •The online FRAIL scale predicts functional limitations and hospitalization in Chinese older persons.
- •The online FRAIL scale could be adopted in the routine workflow of community elderly centres, which might facilitate frailty prevention.
- •Further effort is required to improve the acceptability of the online FRAIL scale among older persons.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Maturitas
- Frailty in older adults: evidence for a phenotype.J. Gerontol. A Biol. 2001; 56: M146-M156
- Healthcare costs of frailty: implications for long-term care.J. Am. Med. Dir. Assoc. 2019; 20: 102-103
- WHO clinical consortium on healthy ageing.in: Report of Consortium Meeting 1–2 December 2016 in Geneva, Switzerland, World Health Organization, Geneva2017
- World Report on Health and Ageing 2015.World Health Organization, Geneva2015
- Best practice guidelines for the management of frailty: a british geriatrics society, age UK and royal college of general practitioners report.Age Ageing. 2014; 43: 744-747
- Agreement between 35 published frailty scores in the general population.Am. J. Epidemiol. 2017; 186: 420-434
Specialised Clinical Frailty Network Clinical Frailty Scale, https://www.scfn.org.uk/clinical-frailty-scale, 2018 (Accessed 21 September 2020).
- Toolkit for General Practice in Supporting Older People Living With Frailty.NHS England, Leeds2017
Social Welfare Department District Elderly Community Centre, https://www.swd.gov.hk/en/index/site_pubsvc/page_elderly/sub_csselderly/id_districtel/, 2020 (Accessed 23 September 2020).
Social Welfare Department Neighbourhood Elderly Centre, https://www.swd.gov.hk/en/index/site_pubsvc/page_elderly/sub_csselderly/id_neighbourhood/, 2020 (Accessed 23 September 2020).
Social Welfare Department Social Centres for the Elderly, https://www.swd.gov.hk/en/index/site_pubsvc/page_elderly/sub_csselderly/id_socialcent/, 2020 (Accessed 23 September 2020).
- A Simple Frailty Questionnaire (FRAIL) Predicts Outcomes in Middle Aged African Americans.J. Nutr. Health Aging. 2012; 16: 601-608
- Cross-cultural adaptation and validation of the FRAIL scale in chinese community-dwelling older adults.J. Am. Med. Dir. Assoc. 2018; 19: 12-17
- Validation of the FRAIL scale in mexican elderly: results from the Mexican health and aging study.Aging Clin. Exp. Res. 2016; 28: 901-908
- Validation of the FRAIL scale in a cohort of older Australian women.J. Am. Geriatr. Soc. 2012; 60: 171-173
- Cross-cultural adaptation and validation of the FRAIL scale to assess frailty in Mexican adults.J. Am. Med. Dir. Assoc. 2016; 17: 1094-1098
- Validity and responsiveness of the FRAIL scale in middle-aged women.J. Am. Med. Dir. Assoc. 2018; 19: 65-69
- Frailty screening in the community using the FRAIL scale.J. Am. Med. Dir. Assoc. 2015; 16: 412-419
- Frailty and sarcopenia: the new geriatric giants.Rev. Invest. Clin. 2016; 68: 59-67
- SARC-F: a simple questionnaire to rapidly diagnose sarcopenia.J. Am. Med. Dir. Assoc. 2013; 14: 531-532
- A 3-item SARC-F.J. Am. Med. Dir. Assoc. 2018; 19: 223-228
- Subjective memory complaints in Chinese subjects with mild cognitive impairment and early Alzheimer’s disease.Int. J. Geriatr. Psychiatry. 2005; 20: 876-882
- Assessment of older people - self-maintaining and instrumental activities of daily living.Gerontologist. 1969; 9: 179-186
- The validation of the Hong Kong chinese version of the lawton instrumental activities of daily living scale for institutionalized elderly persons.OTJR-Occup. Part. Health. 2002; 22: 132-142
- Effect of an integrated care model for pre-frail and frail older people living in community.Age Ageing. 2020;