- •The ICF is a framework for the assessment of problems in functioning.
- •We outline the process of developing an ICF Core Set for Climacteric Syndrome.
- •The development of an ICF Core Set follows an established scientific process.
- •Four preparatory studies will be conducted.
- •A consensus conference will decide on the final ICF categories to be included in the ICF Core Set.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Does the menopausal transition affect health-related quality of life?.Am. J. Med. 2005; 118: 25-36https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjmed.2005.09.032
- Health issues for menopausal women: The top 11 conditions have common solutions.Maturitas. 2015; 80: 24-30https://doi.org/10.1016/j.maturitas.2014.09.013
- The quality of life in the post-menopausal woman.Best Pract. Res. Clin. Obstet. Gynaecol. 2002; 16: 395-409https://doi.org/10.1053/beog.2002.0289
- Assessment of health-related quality of life in menopause and aging.Climacteric. 2008; 11: 93-107https://doi.org/10.1080/13697130801936739
- The MOS 36-Item Short-Form Health Survey (SF-36): I. Conceptual Framework and Item Selection.Med. Care. 1992; 30: 473-483
- A menopause-specific quality of life questionnaire: development and psychometric properties.Maturitas. 1996; 24: 161-175
- Assessment of Questionnaire Measuring Quality of Life in Menopausal Women: A Systematic Review.Oman Med. J. 2015; 30: 151-156https://doi.org/10.5001/omj.2015.34
- International statistical classification of diseases and related health problems.World Health Organization, Geneva2011
- A model of care for healthy menopause and ageing: EMAS position statement.Maturitas. 2016; 92: 1-6https://doi.org/10.1016/j.maturitas.2016.06.018
- Health in middle-aged and elderly women: A conceptual framework for healthy menopause.Maturitas. 2015; 81: 93-98https://doi.org/10.1016/j.maturitas.2015.02.010
WHO International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF), WHO. http://www.who.int/classifications/icf/en/ (accessed December 17, 2019).
- Functioning information in the learning health system.Eur. J. Phys. Rehabil. Med. 2017; https://doi.org/10.23736/S1973-9087.17.04612-3
- Work Rehabilitation Questionnaire (WORQ): Development and Preliminary Psychometric Evidence of an ICF-Based Questionnaire for Vocational Rehabilitation.J. Occup. Rehabil. 2014; : 498-510https://doi.org/10.1007/s10926-013-9485-2
- International classification of functioning, disability and health : ICF.Classif. Int. Fonct. Handicap Santé CIF, 2001
- A guide on how to develop an International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health Core Set.pdf.Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2015; 51: 105-117
- Toward the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) Rehabilitation Set: A Minimal Generic Set of Domains for Rehabilitation as a Health Strategy.Arch. Phys. Med. Rehabil. 2016; 97: 875-884https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2015.12.030
- SIMFER Residents Section Group, Use of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health Generic-30 Set for the characterization of outpatients: Italian Society of Physical and Rehabilitative Medicine Residents Section Project.Eur. J. Phys. Rehabil. Med. 2019; 55https://doi.org/10.23736/S1973-9087.18.05324-8
ICF Research Branch - ICF Core Sets Projects. https://www.icf-research-branch.org/icf-core-sets-projects2 (accessed September 17, 2020).
ICF Research Branch. https://www.icf-research-branch.org/ (accessed September 18, 2020).
ICF Core Sets. https://www.icf-core-sets.org/ (accessed September 18, 2020).
- Validation of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health Core Set for obstructive pulmonary diseases in the perspective of adults with asthma.Disabil. Rehabil. 2018; : 1-7https://doi.org/10.1080/09638288.2018.1493159
- A case study on the application of International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF). ICF-based tools for vocational rehabilitation in spinal cord injury.Work. 2012; 41: 465-474
- SPIRIT 2013 Statement: Defining Standard Protocol Items for Clinical Trials.Ann. Intern. Med. 2013; 158: 200https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-158-3-201302050-00583
- Refinements of the ICF Linking Rules to strengthen their potential for establishing comparability of health information.Disabil. Rehabil. 2019; 41: 574-583https://doi.org/10.3109/09638288.2016.1145258
- Systematic text condensation: A strategy for qualitative analysis.Scand. J. Public Health. 2012; 40: 795-805https://doi.org/10.1177/1403494812465030
- Individual interviews and focus groups in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a comparison of two qualitative methods.Qual. Life Res. 2012; 21: 359-370https://doi.org/10.1007/s11136-011-9943-2
- Styles of focus group research.Focus Groups Pract. Guide Appl. Res.5th Ed. Thousand Oaks Sage, 2015
- Problems in functioning from the patient perspective using the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) as a reference: Sleep disorders from the patient perspective using the ICF.J. Sleep Res. 2011; 20: 171-182https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2869.2010.00862.x
- Validating the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health Comprehensive Core Set for Rheumatoid Arthritis from the patient perspective: A qualitative study.Arthritis Rheum. 2005; 53: 431-439https://doi.org/10.1002/art.21159
- Menopausal Symptoms and Their Management.Endocrinol. Metab. Clin. North Am. 2015; 44: 497-515https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecl.2015.05.001
- An Update on Menopause Management.J. Midwifery Womens Health. 2018; 63: 168-177https://doi.org/10.1111/jmwh.12737
- Identification of the most common patient problems in patients with chronic conditions using the ICF checklist.J. Rehabil. Med. 2004; 36: 22-29https://doi.org/10.1080/16501960410015362
- Maintaining postreproductive health: A care pathway from the European Menopause and Andropause Society (EMAS).Maturitas. 2016; 89: 63-72https://doi.org/10.1016/j.maturitas.2016.04.013
ICF Case Studies - The ICF Evaluation Display. https://www.icf-casestudies.org/introduction/introduction-to-icf-based-documentation-tools-and-rehab-cycle-2/the-icf-evaluation-display (accessed December 18, 2019).
ICF Case Studies - The ICF Categorical Profile. https://www.icf-casestudies.org/introduction/introduction-to-icf-based-documentation-tools-and-rehab-cycle-2/the-icf-categorical-profile (accessed December 18, 2019).
- The international classification of functioning, disability and health (ICF): A unifying model for the conceptual description of the rehabilitation strategy.J. Rehabil. Med. 2007; 39: 279-285https://doi.org/10.2340/16501977-0041
- Linking the menopause rating scale to the International classification of functioning, disability and health – A first step towards the implementation of the EMAS menopause health care model.Maturitas. 2018; 118: 15-19https://doi.org/10.1016/j.maturitas.2018.10.003
ICF Case Studies - The ICF Intervention Table. https://www.icf-casestudies.org/introduction/introduction-to-icf-based-documentation-tools-and-rehab-cycle-2/the-icf-intervention-table (accessed December 18, 2019).
- Functioning: the third health indicator in the health system and the key indicator for rehabilitation.Eur. J. Phys. Rehabil. Med. 2017; 53: 5
- Functioning assessment vs. conventional medical assessment: a comparative study on health professionals’ clinical decision-making and the fit with patient’s own perspective of health.J. Clin. Nurs. 2014; 23: 1044-1054https://doi.org/10.1111/jocn.12266