- •The Menopause Rating Scale (MRS-II) was linked to the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF).
- •All identified MRS-II concepts belonged to the ICF category Body Functions.
- •The ICF categories Body Structures, Activity and Participation, Environmental Factors and Personal Factors are not reflected in the MRS-II.
- •An ICF Core Set needs to be developed in order to accomplish the goal of the European Menopause and Andropause Society (EMAS) and to implement its Healthy Menopause Health Care Model in daily practice.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Health issues for menopausal women: the top 11 conditions have common solutions.Maturitas. 2015; 80: 24-30https://doi.org/10.1016/j.maturitas.2014.09.013
- ICD-10: International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems.World Health Organization, Geneva2011
- A model of care for healthy menopause and ageing: EMAS position statement.Maturitas. 2016; 92: 1-6https://doi.org/10.1016/j.maturitas.2016.06.018
- Health in middle-aged and elderly women: a conceptual framework for healthy menopause.Maturitas. 2015; 81: 93-98https://doi.org/10.1016/j.maturitas.2015.02.010
- International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health.World Health Organization, Geneva2001
- Towards ICF implementation in menopause healthcare: a systematic review of ICF application in Switzerland.Swiss Med. Wkly. 2017; 147https://doi.org/10.4414/smw.2017.14574
- A case study on the application of International classification of functioning, disability and health (ICF). ICF-based tools for vocational rehabilitation in spinal cord injury.Work. 2012; 41: 465-474
MRS_English.pdf, (n.d.). http://www.menopause-rating-scale.info/documents/MRS_English.pdf (Accessed August 11, 2018).
the-icf-categorical-profile, (n.d.). https://www.icf-casestudies.org/introduction/introduction-to-icf-based-documentation-tools-and-rehab-cycle-2/the-icf-categorical-profile (Accessed July 21, 2018).
Menopause Rating Scale, (n.d.). http://www.menopause-rating-scale.info/languages.htm.
- Refinements of the ICF linking rules to strengthen their potential for establishing comparability of health information.Disabil. Rehabil. 2016; (Mar 17): 1-10https://doi.org/10.3109/09638288.2016.1145258
- Functioning assessment vs. Conventional medical assessment: a comparative study on health professionals' clinical decision-making and the fit with patient's own perspective of health.J. Clin. Nurs. 2014; 23: 1044-1054https://doi.org/10.1111/jocn.12266
- Assessment Des Klimakterischen Syndroms.(unpublished results) Universität Bern, 2018
- Assessment of questionnaire measuring quality of life in menopausal women: a systematic review.Oman Med. J. 2015; 30: 151-156https://doi.org/10.5001/omj.2015.34