Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Eurostat Mortality and Life Expectancy Statistics.2015 (accessed 02.02.16)http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/Mortality_and_life_expectancy_statistics
- National life tables, United Kingdom, 2011–2013.Stat. Bull. 2014; (accessed 02.02.16)
- The North American Menopause Society recommendations for clinical care of midlife women.Menopause. 2014; 21: 1038-1062
- EMAS position statement: the ten point guide to the integral management of menopausal health.Maturitas. 2015; 81: 88-92
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) Menopause: Diagnosis and Management (NG23). 2015 https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng23/resources/menopause-diagnosis-and-management-1837330217413 (accessed 02.02.16).
- Treatment of symptoms of the menopause: an Endocrine Society clinical practice guideline.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2015; 100: 3975-4011
- A practitioner’s toolkit for managing the menopause.Climacteric. 2014; 17: 564-579
- The North American Menopause Society recommendations for clinical care of midlife women.Menopause. 2014; 21: 1038-1062
- EMAS position statement: managing women with premature ovarian failure.Maturitas. 2010; 67: 91-93
- STRAW 10Collaborative Group. Executive summary of the Stages of Reproductive Aging Workshop + 10: addressing the unfinished agenda of staging reproductive aging.Menopause. 2012; 19: 387-395
- Antimullerian hormone as predictor of implantation and clinical pregnancy after assisted conception: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Fertil. Steril. 2015; 103: 119-130
- The physiology and clinical utility of anti-Mullerian hormone in women.Hum. Reprod. Update. 2014; 20: 370-385
- Maximizing the clinical utility of antimullerian hormone testing in women's health.Curr. Opin. Obstet. Gynecol. 2014; 26: 226-236
- Study of Women's Health Across the Nation: duration of menopausal vasomotor symptoms over the menopause transition.JAMA Int. Med. 2015; 175: 531-539
- Risk of long-term hot flashes after natural menopause: evidence from the Penn Ovarian Aging Study cohort.Menopause. 2014; 21: 924-932
- Atrophy terminology consensus conference panel. genitourinary syndrome of menopause: new terminology for vulvovaginal atrophy from the international society for the study of women's sexual health and the north american menopause society.Maturitas. 2014; 79: 349-354
- Update on management of genitourinary syndrome of menopause: a practical guide.Maturitas. 2015; 82: 308-313
- Sleep and menopause: a narrative review.Menopause. 2015; 22: 899-915
- Prevention of diseases after menopause.Climacteric. 2014; 17: 540-556
- BMI and longevity in women: a time for reflection?.Maturitas. 2010; 67: 294-295
- A systematic review of body fat distribution and mortality in older people.Maturitas. 2012; 72: 175-191
- ESH/ESC guidelines for the management of arterial hypertension: the task force for the management of arterial hypertension of the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) and of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC).Eur. Heart J. 2013; 34: 2159-2219
- European guidelines on cardiovascular disease prevention in clinical practice: executive summary. Fourth Joint Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and other societies on cardiovascular disease prevention in clinical practice (constituted by representatives of nine societies and by invited experts).Eur. J. Cardiovasc. Prev. Rehabil. 2007; 14: E1-40
- European guidelines on cardiovascular disease prevention in clinical practice (version 2012). The Fifth Joint Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and Other Societies on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice (constituted by representatives of nine societies and by invited experts).Eur. Heart J. 2012; 33: 1635-1701
- EMAS clinical guide: assessment of the endometrium in peri- and postmenopausal women.Maturitas. 2013; 75: 181-190
- Unscheduled bleeding in continuous combined hormone therapy users.Maturitas. 2011; 70: 400-403
- American cancer society, american society for colposcopy and cervical pathology, and american society for clinical pathology screening guidelines for the prevention and early detection of cervical cancer.Cancer J. Clin. 2012; 62: 147-172
Public Health England. Cervical screening: programme overview. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cervical-screening-programme-overview, 2015 (accessed 02.02.16).
European Cervical Cancer Association, http://www.ecca.info (accessed 02.02.16).
- EMAS clinical guide: low-dose vaginal estrogens for postmenopausal vaginal atrophy.Maturitas. 2012; 73: 171-174
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Breast cancer screening. Pract. Bull., 118 (2 Pt. 1), 2011, 372–382.
- Breast Cancer Screening Final Recommendations.2016 (accessed 02.02.16)www.USPreventiveServicesTaskForce.org
- Breast cancer screening for women at average risk: 2015 guideline update from the American Cancer Society.JAMA. 2015; 314: 1599-1614
- Breast cancer in the European Union: an update of screening programmes as of March 2014 (review).Int. J. Oncol. 2014; 45: 1785-1792
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence Familial breast cancer: classification, care and managing breast cancer and related risks in people with a family history of breast cancer. NICE guidelines (CG164), June 2013. http://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg164 (accessed 02.02.16).
- EMAS position statement: individualized breast cancer screening versus population-based mammography screening programmes.Maturitas. 2014; 79: 481-486
- Breast cancer and menopausal hormone therapy by race/ethnicity and body mass index.J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 2015; 108 (pii: djv327)https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djv327
- Diagnosis and management of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and older men in the UK: National Osteoporosis Guideline Group (NOGG) update 2013.Maturitas. 2013; 75: 392-396
Garvan Institute Fracture risk calculator. Garvan Institute, Sydney, Australia, 2010. http://garvan.org.au/promotions/bone-fracture-risk/calculator (accessed 02.02.16).
- Derivation and validation of updated QFracture algorithm to predict risk of osteoporotic fracture in primary care in the United Kingdom: prospective open cohort study.BMJ. 2012; 344: e3427
- EMAS position statement: bone densitometry screening for osteoporosis.Maturitas. 2011; 68: 98-101
- 1; Clinician’s guide to the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis.Osteoporosis Int. 2014; 25: 2359-2381
- Sarcopenia: european consensus on definition and diagnosis: report of the european working group on sarcopenia in older people.Age Ageing. 2010; 39: 412-423
- EMAS position statement: diet and health in midlife and beyond.Maturitas. 2013; 74: 99-104
NICE guidelines PH56 Vitamin D: increasing supplement use in at-risk groups. https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ph56, 2014 (accessed 02.02.16).
- Calcium risk–benefit updated—new WHI analyses.Maturitas. 2014; 77: 1-3
- The exercise prescription for enhancing overall health of midlife and older women.Maturitas. 2015; 82: 65-71
- The effectiveness of exercise as treatment for vasomotor menopausal symptoms: randomised controlled trial.BJOG. 2015; 122: 565-575
- Global Consensus Statement on menopausal hormone therapy.Maturitas. 2013; 74: 391-392
- et al; ELITE Research Group: vascular effects of early versus late postmenopausal treatment with estradiol.N. Engl. J. Med. 2016; 374: 1221-1231
- Perspective on prescribing conjugated estrogens/bazedoxifene for estrogen-deficiency symptoms of menopause: a practical guide.Maturitas. 2015; 80: 435-440
- Short and long term effects of tibolone in postmenopausal women.Cochrane Database Syst. Rev. 2012; 2: CD008536
- Compounded bioidentical hormone therapy: identifying use trends and knowledge gaps among US women.Menopause. 2015; 22: 926-936
- Progestogens used in postmenopausal hormone therapy: differences in their pharmacological properties, intracellular actions, and clinical effects.Endocr. Rev. 2013; 34: 171-208
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of the lowest effective dose of drospirenone with 17β-estradiol for moderate to severe vasomotor symptoms in postmenopausal women.Menopause. 2014; 21: 227-235
- Lowest effective transdermal 17 beta-estradiol dose for relief of hot flushes in postmenopausal women: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet. Gynecol. 2007; 110: 771-779
- North American Menopause Society Statement on continuing use of systemic hormone therapy after age 65.Menopause. 2015; 22: 693
- A randomized controlled study of taper-down or abrupt discontinuation of hormone therapy in women treated for vasomotor symptoms.Menopause. 2010; 17: 72-79
- Increased cardiovascular mortality risk in women discontinuing postmenopausal hormone therapy.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2015; 100: 4588-4594
- EMAS position statement: non-hormonal management of menopausal vasomotor symptoms.Maturitas. 2015; 81: 410-413
- Low-dose estradiol and the serotonin–norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor venlafaxine for vasomotor symptoms: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA Int. Med. 2014; 174: 1058-1066
- FDA Approves the First Non-hormonal Treatment for Hot Flashes Associated with Menopause.(accessed 02.02.16)
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and breast cancer mortality in women receiving tamoxifen: a population based cohort study.BMJ. 2010 Feb; 8: c693
- Multicenter, randomized, cross-over clinical trial of venlafaxine versus gabapentin for the management of hot flashes in breast cancer survivors.J. Clin. Oncol. 2010; 28: 5147-5152
- Stellate ganglion block for treating hot flashes: a viable treatment option or sham procedure?.Maturitas. 2013; 76: 221-224
- Effects of stellate ganglion block on vasomotor symptoms: findings from a randomized controlled clinical trial in postmenopausal women.Menopause. 2014; 21: 807-814
- Flibanserin for postmenopausal women—are they really that different?.Maturitas. 2015; 82: 325-327
- Selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs): a review of clinical data.Maturitas. 2015; 80: 52-57
- Genitourinary syndrome of menopause and the use of laser therapy.Maturitas. 2015; 82: 342-345
- EMAS clinical guide: selective estrogen receptor modulators for postmenopausal osteoporosis.Maturitas. 2011; 71: 194-198
- Bisphosphonate therapy for osteoporosis: benefits, risks, and drug holiday.Am. J. Med. 2013; 126: 13-20
- Bisphosphonate drug holidays–when, why and for how long?.Climacteric. 2015; 18: 32-38
- Denosumab, a new pharmacotherapy option for postmenopausal osteoporosis.Curr. Med. Res. Opin. 2013; 29: 205-216
- European guidance for the diagnosis and management of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.Osteoporos. Int. 2013; 24: 23-57
- A review on strontium ranelate long-term antifracture efficacy in the treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis.Ther. Adv. Musculoskelet Dis. 2013; 5: 127-139
EMA. European Medicines Agency recommends that Protelos/Osseor remain available but with further restrictions. 21 February, 2014. http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Press_release/2014/02/WC500161971.pdf (accessed 02.02.16).
- Anabolic therapies for osteoporosis.Endocrinol. Metab. Clin. North Am. 2012; 41: 507-525
- Emerging hormonal treatments for menopausal symptoms.Expert Opin. Emerg. Drugs. 2015; 20: 31-46
- A new solubilized vaginal estradiol in a VagiCap™ for the treatment of vaginal atrophy.Maturitas. 2015; 82: 324
Clinicaltrials. Gov., Multicenter study to evaluate safety and efficacy of WC-3011 in postmenopausal women. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01816139, 2016 (accessed 02.02.16).
- 17β-Estradiol and natural progesterone for menopausal hormone therapy: REPLENISH phase 3 study design of a combination capsule and evidence review.Maturitas. 2015; 81: 28-35
Clinicaltrials. Gov., Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) + acolbifene against vasomotor symptoms (hot flushes) in postmenopausal women. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01452373, 2016 (accessed 02.02.16).
- Bone biology, signaling pathways, and therapeutic targets for osteoporosis.Maturitas. 2015; 82: 245-255
- A randomized, double-blind phase 2 clinical trial of blosozumab, a sclerostin antibody, in postmenopausal women with low bone mineral density.J. Bone Miner.Res. 2015; 30: 216-224