Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Maturitas
- Lifetime cognitive function and timing of the natural menopause.Neurology. 1999; 53: 308-314
- Cognitive decline in women in relation to non-protein bound oestradiol concentrations.Lancet. 2000; 356: 708-712
- The effect of short-term estrogen replacement therapy on cognition: a randomized, double-blind, cross-over trial in postmenopausal women.Obstetr. Gynecol. 1998; 91: 459-466
- Effects of estrogen during menopause on risk and age at onset of Alzheimer’s disease.Lancet. 1996; 348: 429-432
- A prospective study of estrogen replacement therapy and the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease: the Baltimore Longitudinal Study of Aging.Neurology. 1997; 48: 1517-1521
- Estrogen plus progestin and the incidence of dementia and mild cognitive impairment in postmenopausal women.JAMA. 2003; 289: 2651-2659
- Hormone replacement therapy and cognition—systematic review of meta-analysis.JAMA. 2001; 285: 1489-1499
- A population-based longitudinal study of cognitive functioning in the menopause transition.Neurology. 2003; 61: 801-806
- Associations with menopause and menopausal transition in a nationally representative US sample.Maturitas. 2003; 45: 89-97
- Smoking, body mass index, socio-economic status and the menopausal transition in a British national cohort.Int. J. Epidemiol. 2000; 29: 845-851
- The stability of individual differences in mental ability from childhood to old age. Follow-up of the 1932 Scottish mental survey.Intelligence. 2000; 28: 49-55
- “Mini-Mental State” a practical method for grading the cognitive state of patients for the clinician.J. Psychiatr. Res. 1975; 12: 189-198
Raven JC. Revised manual for Raven’s Progressive Matrices and vocabulary scale. Windsor, Berks, UK: NFER-Nelson; 1982.
Rey A. L’examen clinique en psychologie. Paris: Presses Universitaires de France; 1964.
Wechsler D. WAIS-R manual. New York: The Psychological Corporation; 1981.
Guilford JP, Christensen PR, Merrifield PR, Wilson RC. Alternate uses: manual of instructions and interpretation. Orange, CA: Sheridan Psychological Services; 1978.
- The hospital anxiety and depression scale.Acta Psychiatr. Scan. 1983; 67: 361-370
- Predictive factors of age at menopause in a large Australian twin study.Hum. Biol. 1998; 70: 1073-1091
- Birth weight and age at menopause in Australian female twin pairs: exploration of the fetal origin hypothesis.Hum. Reprod. 2000; 15: 55-59
Carstairs V, Morris P. Socioeconomic deprivation in Scotland. Aberdeen University Press; 1990.
Bentler PM. EQS structural equations program manual. Encino, CA: Multivariate Software Inc.; 1995.
- Is the age of menopause determined in utero?.Early Hum. Dev. 1997; 49: 143-148
Deary IJ. Looking down on human intelligence: from psychometrics to the brain. Oxford psychology series number 34. Oxford University Press; 2000.
- Commentary: early growth and cognitive development.Int. J. Epidemiol. 2001; 30: 72-74
- Birthweight, postnatal growth and cognitive function in a national UK birth cohort.Int. J. Epidemiol. 2002; 31: 342-348
- Neuroendocrine modulation of the “menopause”: insights into the aging brain.Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab. 1999; 277: 965-970
- An investigation of the age at menopause.J. Biosoc. Sci. 1972; 4: 161-173
- Reliability of reported age at menopause.Am. J. Epidemiol. 1997; 146: 771-775
- Validity and reproducibility of self-reported age at menopause in women participating in the DOM-project.Maturitas. 1997; 27: 117-123
- Reproductive period and risk of dementia in postmenopausal women.JAMA. 2001; 285: 1475-1481
- Genes control the cessation of a woman’s reproductive life: a twin study of hysterectomy and age at menopause.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 1998; 83: 1875-1880
- Estrogen receptor polymorphism predicts the onset of natural and surgical menopause.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 1999; 84: 3146-3150
- Estrogen receptor gene polymorphisms in patients with Alzheimer’s disease, vascular dementia and alcohol associated dementia.Dement. Geriatr. Cogn. Disord. 2000; 11: 119-122
- Are estrogen receptors involved in Alzheimer’s disease?.Neurosci. Lett. 2001; 306: 193-197
- Midlife vascular risk factors and Alzheimer’s disease in later life: longitudinal, population-based study.BMJ. 2001; 322: 1447-1451
- Prospective study of the determinants of age at menopause.Am. J. Epidemiol. 1997; 145: 124-133
- Influence of age and menopause in serum-lipids and lipoproteins in healthy women.Atherosclerosis. 1993; 98: 83-90
- The impact of years since menopause on the development of impaired glucose tolerance.J. Clin. Epidemiol. 2001; 54: 117-120
- Fetal origins of adult disease: strength of effects and biologic basis.Int. J. Epdemiol. 2002; 31: 1235-1239
- Is early natural menopause a biologic marker of health and aging?.Am. J. Public Health. 1989; 79: 709-714
- Age at menopause as a risk factor for cardiovascular mortality.Lancet. 1996; 347: 714-718
- Age at natural menopause and mortality.Ann. Epidemiol. 1988; 8: 229-235
- Longitudinal cohort study of childhood IQ and survival up to age 76.BMJ. 2001; 322: 818-822
- Mental ability age 11 years and health status age 77 years.Age Ageing. 2000; 29: 523-528
- Are rates of ageing determined in utero?.Age Ageing. 1998; 27: 579-583