Abbreviations:ppb (parts per billion), PBBs (polybrominated biphenyls), PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyl), S.D. (standard deviation)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Maturitas
- Michigan’s PBB incident: chemical mix-up leads to disaster.Science. 1976; 192: 240-243
- The PBB episode in Michigan: an overall appraisal.CRC Crit. Rev. Toxicol. 1988; 16: 105-156
- Action of exogenously administered steroid hormones following perinatal exposure to polybrominated biphenyls.J. Toxicol. Environ. Health. 1979; 5: 1085-1094
- Characteristics of cytochrome P-450 and mixed function oxidase enzymes following treatment with PBBs.Environ. Health Perspect. 1978; 23: 301-307
- Concomitant dietary exposure to polychlorinated biphenyls and polybrominated biphenyls: tissue distribution and arylhydrocarbon hydroxylase activity in lactating rats.Toxicol Appl. Pharmacol. 1979; 47: 95-104
- Endocrinological, neurochemical, and anabolic effects of polybrominated biphenyls in male and female rats.Toxicol Appl. Pharmacol. 1980; 56: 240-247
- Reproductive effects of halogenated aromatic hydrocarbons on nonhuman primates.Ann. NY Acad. Sci. 1979; 320: 419-425
- Responses of nonhuman primates to a polybrominated biphenyl mixture.Environ. Health Perspect. 1978; 23: 139-145
- Factors associated with early menopause.Maturitas. 2000; 35: 3-9
- Diluted mainstream cigarette smoke condensates activate estrogen receptor and aryl hydrocarbon receptor-mediated gene transcription.Environ. Res. 1999; 80: 9-17
- The caffeine breath test and caffeine urinary metabolite ratios in the Michigan cohort exposed to polybrominated biphenyls: a preliminary study.Environ. Health Perspect. 1990; 89: 175-181
- Polybrominated biphenyl induction of cytochrome P450 mixed function oxidase activity in primary rat and human hepatocytes.Toxicology. 1995; 99: 147-152
- Menopause: its epidemiology and potential association with chronic diseases.Am J. Epidemiol. 1995; 17: 287-302
- Interlaboratory comparison for results of analyses for polybrominated biphenyls in human serum.J. Anal. Toxicol. 1980; 4: 22-26
- Temperature-programmed gas chromatographic determination of polychlorinated and polybrominated biphenyls in serum.J. Assoc. Anal. Chem. 1981; 64: 1131-1137
- Gas chromatographic determination of polychlorinated biphenyls (as Arochlor 1254) in serum: collaborative study.J. Assoc. Anal. Chem. 1989; 72: 649-659
- Chemical and toxicologic evaluation of FireMaster BP-6.J. Agric. Food Chem. 1978; 26: 94
Kleinbaum DG. Survival analysis: a self-learning text. New York (NY): Springer-Verlag; 1999.
Allison P. Survival analysis using the SAS system: a practical guide. Cary (NC): SAS Institute Inc.; 1995.
- Predicting age at menopause.Maturitas. 1996; 23: 319-326
- Factors associated with age at natural menopause in a multiethnic sample of midlife women.Am. J. Epidemiol. 2001; 153: 865-874
SAS Stat User’s Guide, Version 6. Cary (NC): SAS Institute Inc.; 1990.
- Polychlorinated biphenyls as hormonally active structural analogues Environ.Health Perspect. 1994; 102: 290-297
- Cross-sectional and case-controlled analyses of the association between smoking and early menopause.Maturitas. 1995; 22: 79-87
- Prospective study of the determinants of the age at menopause.Am. J. Epidemiol. 1997; 145: 124-133
- Active and passive smoking and the occurrence of natural menopause.Epidemiology. 1999; 10: 771-773
- Cigarette smoking, relative weight, and menopause.Am. J. Epidemiol. 1983; 117: 651-658
- Cigarette smoking and the risk of natural menopause.Epidemiology. 1990; 1: 464-480
- Measures of menopausal status in relation to demographic, reproductive and behavioral characteristics in a population-based study of women aged 35–49 years.Am. J. Epidemiol. 2001; 153: 1159-1165
- Factors influencing the age at natural menopause.J. Chronic. Dis. 1987; 40: 995-1002
- Menstrual and reproductive characteristics and age at natural menopause.Am. J. Epidemiol. 1990; 131: 625-632
- Determinants of age at menopause in Italy: results from a large cross-sectional study ICARUS Study Group. Italian Climacteric Research Group Study.Maturitas. 2000; 34: 119-125
- Variations in the reporting of menstrual histories.Am. J. Epidemiol. 1979; 109: 181-185
- Validity and reproducibility of self-reported age at menopause in women participating in the DOM-project.Maturitas. 1997; 27: 117-123
- A validation study on status and age of natural menopause reported in the E3N cohort.Maturitas. 1998; 3: 99-103
- Reliability of recall of drug usage and other health-related information. 1982; 116: 114-122
- Problems and proposals for interview data in epidemiologic research.Int. J. Epidemiol. 1985; 14: 463-467
- Reproducibility and validity of self-reported menopausal status in a prospective cohort study.Am. J. Epidemiol. 1987; 126: 319-325
- Reliability of reported age at menopause.Am. J. Epidemiol. 1997; 146: 771-775
Mattison DR, Thorgeirsson SS. Smoking and industrial pollution and their effects on menopause and ovarian cancer. Lancet 1978;187–8.
- Oocyte destruction by polycylic aromatic hydrocarbons.Am. J. Ind. Med. 1983; 4: 191-202
- Aromatic hydrocarbon receptor-driven Bax gene expression is required for premature ovarian failure caused by biohazardous environmental chemicals.Nat. Genet. 2001; 28: 300-301
- Effect of carbon disulfide on menopause in women.Med. Pr. 1994; 45: 383-391
- Menstruation and reproduction in women with polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) poisoning: long-term follow-up interviews of the women from the Taiwan Yucheng cohort.Int. J. Epidemiol. 2000; 29: 672-677
- Seveso Women’s Health Study: does zone of residence predict individual TCDD exposure?.Chemosphere. 2001; 43: 937-942
☆Funding for this research was provided by U.S.E.P.A. (R 825300-01-1), NIEHS (RO1 ES08341-01), and by CDC cooperative agreement U37/CCU500392.