This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Climacteric symptoms were studied in a rural community in Zimbabwe. The incidence of symptoms was found to be similar to that described among westernized societies. A positive correlation was observed between various “metabolic” type symptoms and the number of years that had elapsed since the menopause.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Maturitas
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Experience of a National Health Service menopause clinic.Curr. Med. Res. Opin. 1975; 3: 42-55
- M.D. Thesis. Birmingham University, England1979
- Menopausal symptoms in women of various ages.Psychosom. Med. 1965; 27: 266-272
- Age at menopause in Zulu women.Science. 1960; 132: 356-357
- Mean age of menopause and menarch in South Africa.S. Afr. J. Med. Sci. 1971; 36: 21-24
- Shona ritual with special reference to the Chaminoka.in: Juta, Cape Town1959: 110
- The menopause: reward or punishment?.Psychosomatics. 1975; 4: 161-163
- The menopause: a neglected crisis.in: Abbot Laboratories Ltd, Queensborough, England1973: 3
- The perimenopausal symptoms: the statistical analysis of a survey.Med. Gynaecol. Sociol. 1969; 4: 268-277
- The perimenopausal symptoms: the statistical analysis of a survey.Med. Gynaecol. Sociol. 1969; 10: 268-277
- Study of symptoms in middle life with special reference to the menopause.Br. Med. J. 1980; 281: 181-183
- An investigation of the menopause in one thousand women.Lancet. 1933; 1: 106-108
- The menopausal syndrome: one thousand consecutive patients treated with estrogen.J. Am. Med. Assoc. 1938; 111: 390-393
- Menopausal age and symptomatology in general practice.J. Biosocial Sci. 1973; 5: 71-82
- A study of the socio-medical relationships at the climacteric in 2232 women.Curr. Med. Res. Opin. 1977; 4: 46-51
Accepted: December 3, 1980
Received: July 29, 1980
© 1981 Published by Elsevier Inc.